So we’re finally done with 2020… phew! give yourselves a pat on the back for making it through.
The Health Collective has also been going for four and a half years now, working after-hours, on weekends, and anywhere in between, as we double down on our mission to raise awareness and share credible information on Mental Health and Mental Illness from an India lens. Thanks to the #OG freelance crew to folks who chip in as and when they can, till date we have ~300 stories on the site!
Sharing a few highlights below and here’s wishing you a lovely 2021 — please know that you’re #NotAlone.
<< Here’s our Newsletter with this info and where you can subscribe if you like!>>
Highlights of our journey:
- The Mindscape book series published by Simon & Schuster India. Two books are already published. You can buy Real Stories of Dealing with Depression and/or Young Mental Health online or at leading book stores.
- The India For Mental Health Fellowship in partnership with India Spend! Congrats to Riddhi Dastidar for the first story.
- Content related to Covid-19 including articles on Coping with Anxiety and Grief; video PSAs by Dr Shelja Sen and Varkha Chulani
- Our in-house Ask the Experts series with psychologists like Kamna Chhibber (co-author of the forthcoming title Age of Anxiety)
- Affirmations with artist and writer Adwaita Das
- A Podcast series with Roli Pulse: Let’s Talk Mental Health featuring some incredibly talented journalists and experts (shout-out to Jagriti Chandra, Kamna, Dr Amit Sen, Sunalini Mathew, Anant Zanane, Hvovi Bhagwagar and Vakrha as well as Priya Kapoor and Chirag of Roli)
- The Health Collective Talks: including our most recent guest, social psychologist Anna Chandy. We are building out this space, so stay tuned for more.
- Our PSA: Five Tips to Talk about Mental Health and DO NO HARM
- New! Audio content (and more coming soon in English and Hindi)
Our aim is to keep this information free, accessible to all and to help move the needle on these vital conversations in India, expand into non-English languages, create more video content, and collectively work to defeat the stigma. It starts with each of us.
I am full of gratitude to all of you, readers, supporters, our community.
|Do consider supporting us if you value what we’ve been doing, and if you can! We commission all our work except for first-person stories and except for those who waive their fees.|
But above all, let’s take a moment to acknowledge all that we’ve accomplished together, take a deep breath, and hopefully a well-deserved time-out, as we welcome 2021 and look fwd to doing some more incredible collaborations together! #Onward